Monday, April 5, 2010

A Future and a Hope

It's been busy.  Well, not that it's ever not.
Saturday was a long day, and I slept on and off.  I got up to make baked potato soup that morning, to fill the crock pot.  There was pain, and I started bleeding a lot more by afternoon.  I stressed out and went to bed.  I got up around 3:30, as Easter doesn't wait on me to feel better, and we started our little rituals.  I boiled a couple dozen eggs-maybe 28? and then we cooled them, made the dye and laid out stickers.  Clay was at baseball practice, and we didn't want to start without him.  While we waited, we made 4 dozen sugar cookies to frost.  About the time they came out, Clay came in and they started coloring eggs.  I was hurting worse, so I asked Ches to help out.  I got dinner ready, we ate, then I finished frosting/sprinkling cookies-the kids took off outside-it was so nice.
I got up Sunday with more blood, and called the hospital, then paged the nurse on call at my doctor's office.  I was really getting worried.  It'd been going so well, then downhill.  I was in pain (even on my medicine), and was scared to be up too long.  We didn't end up going to church, and the kids just played.  I missed going.  I knew it'd be a hard day when we saw our church friends again, as they'd either not know, and I'd have to tell them, or they would, and I'd cry.  It was probably better we didn't go.  I didn't know if I'd make it physically, or emotionally.  I'd planned to wear this toile maternity dress, and it would've made me cry too.  Mary Claire was disappointed about not wearing her new dress we got in Dallas, but there was nothing I could do.
We went to Mom's for lunch, and the kids played and hid eggs all afternoon.  I came home, got ready for bed, and was asleep by 7:45.  What a day!  It's the most I've been awake since last Wednesday. : )
Today, I have been up-someone had to sort all those clothes in the dining room to get them cleared out-what a mess!  Tomorrow, I have to get to packing.  We leave for Disney on Sunday, and it's kinda been on the back burner.  It's time to pack up-laundry's done, but my sweet girl is growing out of her clothes!  I have to find at least 6 or 7 outfits to get us through.
I am planning to make a run to Branson to get the kids some clothes on Friday.  My goal had been to go in late April/early May when we found out what the babies were, so I was waiting..well, she needs clothes now.  The boys need some shorts too.  And..I have to pick up her first communion dress at Strasburg.  They've been holding in since the first of January, and I haven't had it shipped yet, since there was a tiny chance I'd be up there.  Even if it's a quick trip, it'll work.  I'm planning to take Ethan.  He has such fits when he's not with me, so I feel bad leaving me.  It might not go quite as smoothly, but he's a sweetie.  I think he'll be fine.  As long as I get some kid clothes and her dress, it'll be okay.  I can save shopping for me till another day.
Ok, getting sleepy...I'm still going, so everything is okay.
I have scheduled an appointment with a high-risk specialty doctor in Little Rock for May 3rd.  I am hoping he can give us some insight into what might be happening, and what our chances are for a successful pregnancy in the future.  We need more input.  Please pray for some answers, our discernment, and healing for all of us.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Jeremiah 29:11 (yes, again-emphasis on future tonight)

No comments: